(a) Undergraduate Programs:
- GPA of at least 2.50 or 2nd Division in both the SSC and the HSC examinations; or
- GPA of at least 2.00 either in the SSC or the HSC examination, but the total GPA in both the examinations must be at least 6.00; or
- 'O ' Level with at least 5 subjects and 'A' Level with at least 2 subjects and in these two examinations out of these at least in 7 (seven) subject’s students must have passed 4 (four) subjects with at least B grade or GPA of 4.00 and in 3 (three) subjects with in at least C grade or GPA of 3.5.
- North American High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate, or its equivalent.
- In case of sons/daughters of Freedom Fighters a total GPA of at least 5.00 in both the SSC and the HSC Examinations. But the proof of Father /Mother as Freedom Fighter must be submitted.
- B.Sc. in CSIT (4 years): Science background with Mathematics and Physics at the HSC or equivalent level. Students having no Mathematics and Physics will be required to do remedial courses (non-credit) in these two subjects.
- Sc. in CSE (4 years): Science background with Mathematics and Physics at the HSC or equivalent level.
- Sc. in CSIT and B.Sc. in CSE for Diploma Engineers (4 years):
- Three or four years Diploma in Engineering from Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB), or
- A Diploma recognized by BTEB with a CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.00 in any engineering discipline from any recognized institute.
- For B. Sc. in EEE:
- Minimum 2nd division in both the SSC and the HSC Examinations with science background or five subjects in O-level and 3 major subjects (Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in A-level education. The O-level and A-level students must have an average grade of B. The students who have completed the SSC and the HSC under GPA system must have a minimum GPA of 2.5. For any other higher degree except GED, the students must complete twelve years in study and they must take Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry during their studies. Or
- Three/Four years Diploma in Engineering from Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB) or
- A Diploma recognized by BTEB with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 out of 4 in any engineering discipline from a recognized institute. For awarding waiver, the policies of the UGC will be followed.
- For B. Sc. in Textile Engineering:
- Students must have passed the SSC and the HSC Examinations having a minimum GPA of 6.00 in total with no less than GPA of 2.50 in either of the Examinations. or
- Students must have passed A-Level in three subjects with GPA of 2.00 or above and O-Level in five subjects with GPA of 2.50 or above in the scale of A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2 and E=1 (not more than one E will be accepted). Students must have passed the HSC/A-Level with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Or
- Three/ Four years Diploma degree in Textile Engineering or in any other Engineering disciplines from Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB) or from any other institutions/colleges recognized by BTEB with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.0.
- For B. Arch.: Students must have Science background both in the SSC and the HSC Examinations with Mathematics & Physics as regular subjects for admission in the B.Arch. program. GED Course students should have 410 numbers out of a total of 800 for each of the 5 subjects separately, and on an average they should have 450 to quality for admission to the degree course.
(b) Graduate Programs:
- In case of admission for all graduate programs students must have GPA of at least 2.00 at bachelor level provided that they also fulfill the above noted admission requirements for undergraduate programs.
- MBA, EMBA: Bachelor Degree in any field of study from any recognized university or an institute. Candidates from GEC track or with foreign degree/diploma/certificate may also apply. For EMBA minimum two years work experience at managerial level is also required.
- MBM: Bachelor degree holders in any discipline from any recognized university or institute are eligible for admission into the Master of Bank Management Program.
- M. A. in English (Two-year):
- Graduates with English as a subject of study in any discipline or
- Graduates with three-year Honors in English with pass degree or
- Graduates with three-year Honors degree in English.
- M. A. in ELT (One-year): Four-year B A (Hons) /Two-year BA with Two-year MA / Three-year BA
- LL.M (Two-year): LL.B three-year Degree from any recognized college or university.
- LL.M (One-year): Four-year LL.B Honors Degree from any recognized college or university.
- M. Sc. in Economics:
- A Second Class in a three-year Bachelor degree or CGPA of 2.50 in a four-year Bachelor degree. or
- A four-year Bachelor degree either in Mathematics or Statistics, or Agricultural Economics, or
- Home Economics, or Health Economics (Minimum CGPA 2.5). or
- Other relevant Bachelor degree in which it is required to complete some additional preparatory courses (minimum CGPA 2.5).
- M. Sc. in Mathematics (Two-year):
- Three-year B. Sc (pass) with Mathematics.
- Two-year B. Sc (pass) with Mathematics but is required to take remedial courses.
- Graduates of any discipline with Mathematics as minor, but is required to take remedial courses.
- Sc. Engineering but is required to take remedial courses.
- M. Sc in Mathematics (One-year):
- B. Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics
- B. Sc. in Physics.
- B. Sc. Preliminary or Master Part-1 in Mathematics.
- B. Sc. in Statistics
- Application Forms
The application form for admission is available along with the prospectus on payment of Tk.500/- only from the Registrar's Office/ Reception Room of BUBT. The prospectus along with the application form may also be obtained by post from the Registrar's Office by sending a bank draft or pay order of Tk.500/- in favour of Bangladesh University of Business & Technology (BUBT) and a duly stamped self addressed envelope.
- Submission of Application Form
The complete application package must be submitted to the admission office of BUBT by the dates announced in each semester.
A complete application package includes the following documents:
- Application form duly filled in.
- Copies of certificates and mark sheets/transcripts of the SSC and the HSC or equivalent examinations and the SSC registration card for undergraduate programs and also copies of Bachelor Degree certificates and mark sheets of graduate programs (one copy each)
- Original certificates and mark sheets/transcripts and the SSC registration card must be produced at the time of submission of the application for verification by the officer of BUBT in charge of admission.
- Three passport size color photographs.
After necessary verification of the application and documents the selected candidates must get themselves admitted within the specified time on payment of required fees.